UPDATED NOVEMBER 23, 2020
As you are aware, our area is now in Stage Restrict – Orange of the province of Ontario’s Covid-19 Framework.
We are pleased to let you know that this change from Yellow to Orange does not affect your curling activity. That is to say, you may continue to curl, following the Curling Canada rules as posted and maintaining physical distance of 2m.
There are a few changes to what will be happening off the ice at the club:
· Screening: Members must self-screen before entering the building. We have screening questions posted at and around the main entrance to facilitate this. Do NOT enter the building if you are exhibiting any of the symptoms listed. Non-members coming to the building will be required to sign off on having cleared the questionnaire. Members who have completed the Declaration of Compliance have therefore agreed you will not enter the building if you are feeling unwell.
· Face coverings: Face coverings must be worn at all times in the clubhouse except when eating or drinking. Face coverings are still not mandatory in the rink but highly recommended when not actively delivering or sweeping a stone.
· Entry and exit times: You may be at the club for 90 minutes only, not including the time you spend curling. We ask that all curlers continue to arrive no more than 20 minutes before game time so you can still have about an hour for post-game socializing upstairs.
· Spectators: Spectators are NOT permitted, with the exception of parents/guardians of youth or other athletes requiring supervision.
· Bar hours: We cannot serve liquor after 9pm, and the bar close at 10pm nightly. Curling may continue after 10pm. If your curling finishes after 10pm, you will be leaving the building immediately after your game, rather than going upstairs.
Thank you for your continued ability to adapt as the Board and Management work to provide an enjoyable curling experience. We’re all in this together! Please contact me if you have any questions.
Manager, Barrie Curling Club
CLICK 'READ MORE' FOR ALL OF OUR COVID-19 UPDATES
Read more: COVID-19
More Info & Buy Tickets Here
[The above link will take you to another site to purchase securely online]
Powered by Eventbrite
2 Draws / 24 Teams in Total
Choose 9:00 AM start or 10:45 AM start
Cost: $40 per person / $80 per team
Note: This event is open to current BCC members only.
Updated 22 October 2020
Below are links to the forms that must be signed by (or for) ALL curlers.
Curlers OVER the age of majority must sign and submit BOTH FORMS.
Curlers UNDER the age of majority (or their parent/guardian) must sign and submit the Declaration of Compliance ONLY.
Declaration of Compliance - For ALL curlers (parents/guardians to sign off if curler is under the age of majority)
Release of Liability Waiver - For curlers over the age of majority
You have 3 options to sign and submit:
- Sign and submit electronically using the above links;
- Print, sign and bring a paper copy to the club;
- Sign printed copies available at the club.
Forms must be submitted by 31 October 2020
Check this space for all the need-to-know info as it relates to leagues, memberships, and more for the upcoming curling season.
September 8 - Registration opens (12pm)
October 19 - League play begins
YOUTH CURLING REGISTRATION (ONLINE)
Adult Registration Form
Check the club calendar
Frequently Asked Questions
Updated October 9, 2020
PDF document: FAQs
1.Q… Is the Board considering offering some type of “Membership Hold and Donate” where members would elect to NOT play but make a donation to fees to assist club financially?
If members wish to donate to the club to ensure its future financial viability, there are a number of ways to do so. Presently, the National Sports Trust Fund (tax deductible donated funds previously used for the Ice Pad renovation) is still active. Any donations to the fund can be used by the club for a variety of projects and, as mentioned, is a tax-deductible donation. Please contact our Manager for details.
2.Q… The Tuesday and Wednesday evening late draw schedules are moving from 8:15 to 8:30. We have lost some curlers over the years because they get home too late after the post-game some social. Is there a way to change this?
The Board is doing its best to come up with solutions to a number of these issues but it should also be realized that members themselves have the ability to help solve these problems as well. Members and convenors have the ability to come together and run their league in whatever way that they feel will serve the curlers best. Consideration should be given to playing 6 ends as opposed to 8 ends so as to accommodate those who work the next day.
3.Q… What happens to our memberships for the season if, due to COVID, curling has to be suspended for a period of time or, worse case scenario, the club is forced to close?
The Board of Directors realizes our club must remain flexible and open to the changing issues associated with Covid 19. A number of options to consider if required are:
- At the discretion of the member, the balance (based on a prorated season) or any portion thereof, can be donated to the club (as per question 1).
- At the discretion of the member, the balance (based on a prorated season) would be carried forward to the 2021/2022 season membership.
- At the discretion of the member, a refund will be issued based on a prorated season.
- Please contact our Manager for details.
4.Q…Will we be using the change rooms?
YES. A couple things to mention here. Covid 19 protocols keep changing on a regular basis. Presently, the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit (SMDHU) has given us the green light to use the locker rooms. A few members have mentioned they feel the locker rooms should be "out of bounds". The issue with that being the overcrowding of winter boots and coats at the front entrance thus compounding the health and safety distancing issues. There will be boot trays and coat racks available at the main entrance for those who wish to avoid the locker rooms. Please note, our members are free to conduct themselves in whatever manner they feel suits their needs.
Read more: Curling Central!