There are many reasons to become involved with curling:
- Meet people and play with friends
- Curling is great exercise
- Curling is very affordable
- People of any age or ability can play
- Play against great competition
- Curling is fun
But don't just take our word for it; view these videos and see for yourself!
The Barrie Curling Club welcomes everyone interested in participating in the sport of curling. We have a variety of leagues to join and your membership allows you to play as little or as often as you want – we even have snowbird sessions, doubles leagues and leagues for our members ages 6 to 95.
We believe that members enjoy the game that much more when they are able to curl properly and safely. To that end we provide new and experienced curlers with programs, clinics and practice times to improve their game. These include:
- Learn to Curl – a 6-week program to learn the game for the beginner.
- Development League – a transition from the Learn to Curl where those wanting to continue play may do so with members from the BCC that want to improve their game or to play a new position. It is primarily play with some instruction during the year to learn new positions, tips and strategy.
- Clinics – every month during the year, we provide clinics at the club for curlers of all ability.
- Introductory Clinics – before the start of the year, we provide a 2-night clinic so that anyone can come from the
- Practice times – we have designated practice times to come in and practice new skills or take the rust off the old ones.
Benefits of Membership
- All members in good standing have voting rights.
- All members in good standings are eligible to sit as directors.
- Many clinics and practice times are available at no charge.
- Special in-club curling and social events.
- You are part of an longstanding organization.
- Some of your closest friends will be from the curling club. We are a tight-knit group that/
For more information about becoming a member or trying the game:
- Visit our Membership page.